Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Big Trouble

Today's May 18th, the 30th anniversary of the biggest thing I've ever gotten in trouble for... Now don't get me wrong, I'm not admitting I did it.

It was about 8:30am on a weekend morning in Waldport, with my parents and I still in bed, and suddenly the house started shaking, and the window blinds started banging against the windows.

"Quit jumping on the bed!" my father yelled from their bedroom.

"I'm not!" I yelled back. And the house continued to shake, and the blinds continued to bang against the windows.

"Quit jumping on the bed now! Dammit!" my father yelled again.

"I'm not!" I yelled back. After a little bit things settled down again. And when we got up I was in trouble. My parents grounded me for a month for not stopping when I was told to stop and for lying about it.

Only later, watching the 6:00pm news did we find out what it was, and my parents convinced it wasn't me...

No comments:

Post a Comment