Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baking Cheesecake Cupcakes


I like baking cheesecakes, but with my cheesecake "partner in crime" out of the country right now, not being able to eat a whole one myself (nor should I!) nor being able to share at work since while all the ingredients may be kosher, I don't keep a kosher kitchen, my mother suggested I bake them as cupcakes, which I can then freeze to take out one at a time for a while…

With Friday's being half days at work I got home and then went out to buy ingredients.  But after eating and stuff, I didn't end up starting to prepare this till around 7pm or so, which was kind of late for me.

I haven't bought a mixer yet, so I had to mix it up with a fork.  That takes between an hour and a half to three hours, depending on how thoroughly I feel like mixing it.  Since I started late, I got kind of tired early and left the batter a bit lumpy.

I didn't actually get the first batch in the oven till 10pm, when I was already getting pretty sleepy.

The Nilla Wafers didn't end up making a good cake crust, as some of them floated up in the batter and left hollow spaces inside.  They don't add much flavor and seem more to dilute the cheesecake richness.

Despite my cheesecakes never really expanding much, for some reason I still expected these to look regular cake cupcakes…  So I was disappointed in that.

Recipe (from Kraft's website, with minor changes by me, skipping crust as I didn't do it this time...)
4 bars cream cheese
5 eggs
1 cup sugar
lots of vanilla
some nutmeg

Mix it all…  Fill in cupcake wrappers and bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes...


Cheesecake Cupcakes! 










Okay, just kidding on this one...







The one on the left is also a joke...










No comments:

Post a Comment