Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday Afternoon at Brooklyn Bridge Park

Yesterday after I worked the usual half day at work (my company works half days on Friday for people to prepare for Shabbat (or Shabbos, depending on your family's regional origins...)).   I got home, but didn't really want to just hang around the apartment, I wanted to go outside.

I didn't have much of a goal in mind, so just went out to the subway and got on...  Not long after I got on, though, the glass of orange juice and orange seltzer I drank sort of caught up with me, so I got off at Jay Street - MetroTech in Brooklyn to find a convenient public restroom...

In my wanders I ended up at the Brooklyn Bridge Park, down by the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges (where there was a decent public restroom...).  I saw the middle section of the park, between the bridges, open for the first time since I got to New York City, and the new carousel was operating.

Unfortunately I'd only carried my 100-300mm lens for the SLR, so I had to use the iPhone for the sky photos...  But I had some fun with the SLR, too, photographing people around the park.  A few couples gave me their cameras for me to photograph them with the bridge and the Manhattan skyline behind them, and I always smilingly oblige...

Anyway, I wrote captions for all of them, but importing the photos from my web albums here doesn't bring those in automatically.  You can see them all in my Picasa web album...













































No comments:

Post a Comment