Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Walks Alone

This weekend Leena wasn't feeling so great, so I did my walking solo...

Saturday I had no idea where to go, but instead of staying home to decide I just went out.  I ended up walking through Midtown and down 5th Avenue before deciding just to walk over the Williamsburg Bridge.

I walked a bit too far in SoHo so I had to double back and head north to get to Delancey Street, which goes over the bridge.

The Williamsburg Bridge was fun to walk over, but I really needed a bathroom.  I figured I'd use the one in the park on the Brooklyn side, but when I finally got there I'd missed its hours by about 45 minutes...  Otherwise, I was planning to hang out a while, then swap to a better night lens on the camera and walk back over the bridge.  But the bathroom beckoned too powerfully.  And by then Leena already gave me instructions on dinner, so I couldn't very well go to a restaurant, buy some food and use their bathroom...

So, I ended up taking the train home...

Sunday I specifically wanted to go to the Apple store on 14th Street to buy a couple of things, so I had a definite destination.  I walked west to the Hudson and then down along the Hudson till 30th Street where I went over to the High Line and walked down that to 14th Street...

Both days I carried my 100-300mm lens, since they were bright enough in the daytime...  Overall, I got a few interesting photos and a lot of mediocre ones.

And as always, no captions come when importing from Picasa...  The albums (with mostly the same photos) including the captions are here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107975921603827103459/albums/5850954143149111137
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107975921603827103459/albums/5851287962672740497





















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment