Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friday Evening in the Cold and Snow

After getting home from work yesterday and bringing in some lunch for us, I was antsy to go back outside and walk a bit, despite the subfreezing temperatures…

I bundled up in a wool coat on top of a sweatshirt and a stocking cap, and eventually had to put up the hood on my sweatshirt to help keep the biting wind off my neck...

I was hoping to see the Hudson River iced, like a couple of years ago, but it wasn't, just ice on things near the water.

Then it began snowing closer to dusk, small, sharp ice crystals at first, then the temperature began warming slightly, so they stuck.  From there I walked around Chelsea a little, and along 14th Street to Union Square.  I missed getting on the High Line as it's been closing daily at 5pm since the holiday season.

I put the camera away after Union Square as it was getting too wet.  Maybe it can take it, maybe not, but since I can't afford to replace it, I get a bit stressed about it.

I carried my Canon 35mm f/1.4L lens on the SLR, and took a few iPhone photos along the way, too...

As usual, no captions came with the photo import from Google+ / Picasa...  The same photos, with every single hand-written caption is here...



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment